Sun, September 25th, 2016

The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising

Welcome to IPAGS

In 1927 the Institute of Incorporated Practitioners in Advertising founded a golfing section under the name of the IPA Golf Circle. In September 1959 the name was changed to the IPA Golfing Society and to the IPA Golf Society in November 1962.

The aim of the Society is to stimulate acquaintance and friendly relations amongst the golfing fraternity within advertising agencies and related communications industries. To this end, the Society organises the following: Five society meetings each year which comprise a Spring, Summer and Autumn meeting, all of which are also guest meetings, a Captains Day for members only in May; and a Winter meeting to both conclude the season, and start the next season for members only as it incorporates the A.G.M.

There is a member's match against NAGS played in June.

A Knockout Tournament played in teams of two ideally representing their Agency, however if a member is the sole representative of his Agency he may enter with another member.

Finally there is a Captain, past Captains and committee day.